|HOW TO MEASURE FOR YOUR WEIGHTED VEST
FROM SALT OF THE EARTH WEIGHTED GEAR
2. Have the person sit square on a flat chair
(not a soft couch)
Place a magazine on the lap.
Measure accurately from the shoulder
seam next to the neck, down to the magazine.
3. Weigh the person and with the aid of your OT,
decide how much the vest should weigh.*
4. Choose a fabric or color. There are many to
choose from on the web site.
5. Chose a vest STYLE see the diagrams below.
Either Front or
For your convenience you may print this page and record the measurements here:
1. Chest measurement_________ 2. Length Measurement_________
3. Weight of vest_________ 4. Fabric choice_________________ 5. Style_______
1. Measure accurately around the LARGEST part of the torso
* VEST WEIGHT- The amount of weight you put into a vest should not be over 8% of the user's weight or
more weight than the user can comfortably carry for an hour. Your OT should help you decide.